It's time to get public transport back on track
Sick of delayed or cancelled trains?
IT'S TIME TO GET OUR RAILWAYS BACK ON TRACK
In 2019, rail users across Yorkshire will be paying more than ever before for unreliable services on trains that are not fit for purpose.
Many of our cities here in Yorkshire are some of the most congested and polluted in Western Europe. We must prioritise clean and cheap public transport.
The Green Party wants to ...
- Bring the railways under public control and end the expensive franchise system.
- Co-ordinate public transport to reduce pressure on our congested roads and offer a real alternative to car travel.
- Open additional stations to give all communities reasonable access to the rail service.
- Invest in new infrastructure, by building more stations and re-opening old rail lines.
- Scrap HS2. It is too expensive and will do too much damage to our environment and local communities - many of which are in Yorkshire.
- Make all stations and trains fully accessible to everyone.